From Healthcare.gov — “Next Steps: If you’re self employed and need coverage
- Learn how to apply for Marketplace coverage and find out if you qualify for Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or lower costs for a Marketplace insurance plan.
- See how to report your income and household size correctly, to make sure you get the right amount of help with coverage costs.
- Learn about exemptions from the penalty for being uninsured.
- Find local help for assistance from someone in your community in completing your application
- Call our customer service center for answers to your questions and help with your application….”
See more at Next Steps: If You’re Self-Employed and Need Coverage [link no longer works]