1. Only people with very specific and in-demand technical or professional skills can make a living working for themselves.
2. Consultants and other self-employed people have a tough way to go because their work is so sporadic.
3. It’s safer to stick to salaried employment than to strike out on my own.
4. Self-employed people have to pay for their own health insurance (in the U.S.) and it’s very expensive.
5. When you’re self-employed, it’s feast or famine. There’s no middle ground.
Let’s break these lies down and demolish them one by one.
Read the rest of the story at Five Lies About Self-Employment Most People Believe – Forbes