“Is a worker an independent contractor or an employee?
- Is there any written agreement with the worker?
- Are there are other workers performing the same or similar tasks, and are they considered employees or contractors?
- How much direction is the worker receiving from the company on the details of performing tasks?
- Does the worker provide services for other companies?
- Is the worker full time or close to it for your company?
- Does the worker provide any or all of the tools need to perform his/her work?
- How long has the worker been working for your company?”
Read the full story at It depends: the top 3 inherently gray areas of employment law